Quick Logistics for TF Responsibilities
Where do I need to be, and when?
- Attend every weekly meeting, Friday 12:00-1:00 PM
- Attend every lecture, M/W/F 10:30 AM – 11:50 AM and give feedback by filling in the Lecture Feedback form and giving it to John at the end of lecture
- Your own 2 office hours and 2 sections
- Exam proctoring: Help will be requested (4-5 volunteers per exam, TBD). If you are not signed up and reminded, you do not need to attend exams.
- Exam grading: We will grade short answers/essays as a group following each exam. All TFs are expected to help grade all 3 exams unless you have a class or final exam during that time.
Exam 2: 11/2
Final Exam: 12/13
What do I need to do on my own?
Meet weekly with co-TF to plan section
- Use the psych One Wiki to select activities for each week.
- Post your 1-page teaching plan to the Psych One Wiki before your team-taught section.
- Grade the first three assignment parts according to the guidelines in the grading handbook and return to students by the date indicated on the TF calendar. Keep updated records of these grades in a google spreadsheet John will share with you. Assign ONE final number grade (out of 100) for the entire project.
- Assign each student a section participation grade (out of 100) at the end of the quarter. See the grading handbook.
What do I do if I can't be where I need to be or do what I need to do?
- You must let Jennifer know if you will miss class or the weekly meeting due to an unavoidable conflict (e.g., illness, family emergency, professional obligation that you have cleared with Jennifer in advance).
- Get video of lecture from John and download slides if you miss class.
- You shouldn't miss your section, but if you have an unavoidable conflict (a professional conference, family emergency, etc.), plan early to have another TF cover it, or arrange a make-up time with your students' consent. John can book you a room.
- In an emergency situation where you can't make your own section e-mail or call Jennifer, John, and all TFs where and when your section is, and we will work out a substitute.
- If you change your office hours for one week, email your own students (not the entire Psych One class).
- If you owe your fellow TFs a favor, check out the "bribe me with/thank me with" section of the Psych One Wiki.